TERMS OF SERVICE
We love our work and happily do just about any kind of cleaning to help our customers. On the other hand, to maintain a high standard of quality, there are some limitations on what we can do:
- We reserve the right to cancel any service, for any reason.
- We do not assume liability for health and safety of your pets. While we are very mindful and careful about your pets, you are in the best position to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
- Our cleaners exercise reasonable care when cleaning. We do carry insurance for damage or breakage caused by our cleaners. We are not liable for damage that is caused by “normal wear and tear”, improper installation of an item(s), artwork, collectibles, or family heirlooms valued over $200 and that is not disclosed during the time of making the appointment. If any damage or perceived damage is noticed after the cleaners have left, the customer must notify Mya Cleaning within 24 hours of any problem that may have occurred at the address during that day and time of the scheduled cleaning. We will do our best to resolve the problem and come up with a reasonable solution. These items include but are not limited to the following examples: • Carpet & Rug Snags - Carpet snags are the result of exposed loops caused by normal wear and tear, moving furniture, etc. which are snagged by a vacuum’s roller brush. We use professional vacuums that are set to industry standards (which cannot be adjusted). In order to limit snags or fraying, we will try our best not to go near the bad areas of carpeting/rugs. • Broken Blinds - Customers should be aware that there are some inherent risks each time their blinds are cleaned. Blinds will become brittle from daily exposure to the sun and aging, and strings/chords will weaken over time resulting in breaks. • Improperly hung pictures/decorations/mirrors - If these items are securely/properly attached to the wall, they should not fall when the item is dusted/wiped. • Artwork, Collectibles, or Family Heirlooms valued over $200 - These items are expensive and/or impossible to replace. In that case, we do not assume the risk of cleaning such items. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform, in writing, of any item(s) that fall into this category. • Woodwork, Vintage/Antique Wood Furniture, Un-finished & Furniture with Special Instructions - Please let us know during your booking if your woodwork, wooden furniture, or vintage wooden furniture is not sealed or is made of another material other than actual wood. Please discuss your furniture care needs with specifications as per item if they need special attention in any way. If you would like to supply your own cleaning product(s) for your specific piece(s) of furniture, leather furniture, pianos, etc., please notify us via email or text of the preferred product(s) you will provide us with.
- We need electricity and water! If your utilities are turned off, we will gladly reschedule you to when they are back on.
- We have 3-step ladders which are sufficient to reach most 1st floor windows, ceiling fans, and upper shelves. Generally do not climb higher than that - for liability reasons.
- Again, for liability and health reasons, we do not move heavy appliances and furniture. We can clean around them and underneath, to the extent reachable.
- If the home is in bad shape - broken glass, mountains of clutter, or "hoarder's living space" - we can most likely bring it to a livable/ habitable standard. However, the end result will not be comparable with the level of cleanliness we can achieve in a standard home. Because of that, we will discuss this issue before starting the job and upon arrival on site. By using our services you agree to allow Mya Cleaning to photograph or sometimes record before and after for potential sharing and strategizing within our company on how to best approach the cleaning. We will neither keep nor distribute the photos for any other reason without your permission.
- We will not clean walls, ceilings, or animal waste. Walls can be easily damaged and they are a liability as well as ceilings. Please also note that we do not perform laundry services if the washing and drying machines are not inside the customer's home.
- Please note that we will not render our services if there is construction going on or any other service being performed while our cleaning crew is at customers' homes. This is due to the fact that the customer's home will most likely get dirty again even after our services have been thoroughly performed.
- You may cancel your booking at any time. Any cancellations made 24 hours before service is provided will result in a $50 cancellation fee. PLEASE NOTE: If you signed up for recurring services and received their respective discount but chose to cancel your future appointments before your second scheduled appointment was rendered we will charge the discount you received on your first appointment and if it was canceled 24 hours before the service, the $50 cancellation fee applies as well.
- We DO NOT process refunds of payments after services have been rendered. However, Mya Cleaning agrees to come back to a customer's home for a free re-clean within 3 days after service is rendered if a customer is dissatisfied with our service.
- We, at Mya Cleaning Services, love to hear what you have to say about our company and we encourage honest feedback; however, we will not accept bribery. We have absolutely ZERO tolerance for any individual or customer who offers a "Great Review" or threatens to write a "Bad Review" in exchange for discounts, free cleanings, or even money on our part. We will "fire" every customer who engages in this type of behavior.
- When retaining Mya Cleaning, you agree not to solicit for hire any staff member introduced to you by Mya Cleaning for any home-related services. We spend a lot of time and resources finding, interviewing, checking references and backgrounds, and training our cleaners. When hired, they sign an agreement barring them from performing any home-related service for any of our past or present clients. However, if you do wish to employ a staff member directly please discuss this matter with the owner, Monica or Chris. If you are found to have solicited one of our staff, please be advised that our referral/training fee is $5,000 per hired worker. We consider our cleaners our most valuable asset and charge accordingly.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Mya Cleaning and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, owners, contractors, agents, officers, and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from (i) your use of any cleaning services received by you and performed by Mya Cleaning's representatives; (ii) any alleged or actual loss or damage to property (including your residence), resulting from the performance of Mya Cleaning's cleaning services.
- We may revise these terms of service at any time without notice. By using our services you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms of Service.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MYA CLEANING DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CLEANING SERVICES, INCLUDING THE CLEANING SERVICES PERFORMED BY MYA CLEANING’ REPRESENTATIVES, OR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT THEREFROM. THE SERVICE, INCLUDING OUR CLEANINGS, IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE QUALITY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, MYA CLEANING, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE.